1. Punk trio from Los Angeles, consisting of Randy Stodola (vocal & guitar), Dianne Chai (bass & vocals) and John McCarthy (drums). Band regular fixture on L.A. punk stage from the late 70s to early 80s.
As The Alley Cats they published two albums: “Nigthmare City” and “Escpae from Planet Earth”.
In 1985 Stodola and Chai tried to start again, as The Zarkons. They recorded “Riders in the Long Black Parade” with McCarthy. After that McCarthy was changed by Terry Cooley and with lead vocalist, named Rente as quartet they recorded “Between The Idea & The Reality… Falls The Shadow”.
2. The Alleycats are a Malaysian band which was formed in 1969 , and gained popularity in the late 1970s. They comprise of musicians from Penang, and gained popularity in their home state earlier on in their career.
* Loganathan Arumugam (Loga); and David Arumugam on vocals
* Tan Chin Hock on drums
* Shunmugam Arumugam on lead guitar
* Chester Anthony Passerella on saxophone
* Khoo Fook Sin and Grenville on keyboards
* Frank Ong on bass guitar.
Alleycats' music is said to be influenced by Air Supply, Phil Collins, Bee Gees, Billy Joel, David Gates & Bread, Santana and Paul McCartney.
3. Alleycats are also rockband from Finland